From Insurance Lounge

To provide financial advice and offer investment products, financial advisers are required to earn and maintain licenses and qualifications as mandated by state and federal authorities as well as industry-governing bodies. Financial professionals call themselves by many names – Investment Adviser Representative, Certified Financial Planner, Chartered Life Underwriter, Registered Financial Consultant, Master of Science in Financial Services, or a host of other titles and abbreviations. Each of these designations requires qualifications ranging from comprehensive education to examinations and ongoing training. Professional certifications help financial advisers navigate the complexities of the financial sector.